Welcome Center

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

My connections to place


 It is a wise father that knows his own child. - William Shakespeare


Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. - Samuel Johnson










There were a number of people that supported play when I was growing up, basketball coaches, instructional aides, friends and relatives, local community colleges, and most important Avid  teachers and tutors. My sister, Ona inspire me to join this class when I was drifting off in school forming bad habits. She was a dictator in my family, that kept me align with life, I'm thankful.

My experience of play now in incorporates a lot of Technology, integrative ideas and suggestions with documentation and scientific research. When I was 5 years old, to me the world was introduced by toys and activities. Pretend play was a part of school curriculum along with hands-on experience such as cooking in the classroom. In fact, those are great memories and incidents that I wish we had today.

From my point of view dealing with children in child care facilities, there is a lot of assessments or raw data collected rather than engaging opportunities. Educators today, seen constricted to meeting all the expectations from the state and the federal components. Not allowing time for educators to cipher assessment based off school curriculum and not having their own input. If it ain't broke why fix it approach should matter.


2 comments:

Kendra Turner said...

Mohan,

I can recall when I was in school play wasn't very predominant in the classroom. We did more worksheets than anything. Technology has taken over in the classroom today and less play is involved in some classrooms.

mohan rice said...

I agree, about Technology, Thanks for sharing